Friday, April 3, 2009

just thinkin

What are you doing with your life right now?

I love my job and what I am a part of. The people I get to work with and the bigger picture of what I am a part of. I have been blessed beyond measure and God has dealt with me and given me so many undeserved chances to do what is right by Him that it makes my head spin and it makes me wonder...

If I am doing this at the age of 19 and 20...what am I going to be doing in 10 years when I graduated from college, (hopefully) married and have a family or a start of a family.
I am a part of something great right now. I learn new things everyday. I have blessed to go to school while working under amazing people and with amazing people. Everyday I can stand on the side lines and know that I am doing what God has asked me to and that it IS effecting people.

But is it enough?

There is something in me that wants to do MORE.
Not because what I am doing is insignificant, because it is important.
Not because I think I have some special calling to go and "Be the change".
Not because I am more capable to do it.
But because all of us talk about it and how many people are acting?

I love the Dream Center because they do jump in head first. Even though it is stressful sometimes, at the end of the day, you can't say that people aren't fighting to make an impact.
I have to wonder what my calling is and what God has in store when in the last 8 months I have done things that I didn't know I was capable of.
Doors are open, ya know?

I am anxious to walk through, get to the next step and see what's ahead.
But for now--I am where I am, and I am okay with that because who gets the opportunity to everyday learn from amazingly wise leaders, professors AND the people in LA?
I am lucky.



No comments: