Thursday, January 1, 2009

Breaking Mom's Heart

I was sitting in my room listening to music and messing with my new ipod and my mom walked in and started talking to me...

"What's that over there?"

"Thats my shelf thing..if you want to send it to LA you can, but it's sort of an awkward thing to send." I told her.

"Yea.."She replied.."And you can use it when you move back in here."

I looked at her and said, "Mom..I'm not moving back in here."

She looked stunned. Didn't she realize I wasn't moving back in?

She told me she never really realized that I wouldn't be moving back in the house.

I looked at her and explained that there was nothing left for me here. That if I moved back in I would be taking a step back in my life, rather than a step forward. I told her I didn't really want to be a 25 year old graduate living with her parents. I think I crushed her. But I explained it had nothing to do with her or my stepdad and that I didn't mean to offend her, just that this stage in my life had to be over.



It was the first time I had said all of that outloud.

"There is nothing left for me here."

I sort of shocked myself, even.

She started tearing up because I am her youngest and the last to go and I have finally made up my mind to stay in LA for awhile...

Ever had that realization where you just see...and realize that there is nothing left to gain from that position in life?

No comments: